Monday, February 27, 2006

best weekend EVA

well, i was going to go to tahoe. but then i got a call from marit (my dear friend who lives in tahoe) that she'd been working 14 days straight and was hoping to come west for some r&r. she sounded so bummed!

tracy was, as always, the accomodating, gracious friend and host, and welcomed my friend and excused me for the weekend ( was going to go to tahoe with her and jesse).

so, marit and i chilled. went to a sociology frat house bbq and party on friday, which was hilarious - due largely to the formidable karaoke machine in the dining room. we danced, we ate, we yelled "every ROse has it's THORN!" and we "sang.

THEN on sat, i took marit up to muir woods for some redwood action. clean, moist air, energizing eucalyptus and massive, enveloping trees. it was beautiful. then we hung out at stinson beach and ate the most satisfying hamburgers i've had in a REALLY long time.

we came home, got sushi and watch the olympics/friends on dvd. it was the perfect day!

sunday was another chill day with marit. and i'll tell you, it is SUCH a gift to have so many people i care about meet eachother and interact. tracy and the powell-baldridges are my west coast family - no question. marit is part of my east coast family. she's my best friend leia's younger sister, and has become a good friend of mine. she's a kindred spirit in silliness and self-reflection. she is a solid, true friend, and she also knew me way back when (15 years ago!!!). it was like food for the soul. (not like my soul isn't already filled to the brim with goodness lately!!).

unfortunately, i forgot to take pictures. hopefully i'll get some from marit soon.

other highlights:
1. i went out with the car crash guy on weds......email me for the juicy details (and there are juicy details. heheh).
2. my parents are coming in 2 weeks, and i COULDN'T BE MORE EXCITED!!!
3. i've been WORKING, so this blog thing is a lot harder...but still worth it!!!
4. i just bought a plane ticket for an april trip up to orcas island (outside of seattle) with one of my absolute bffs, maddy. so i really am just BURSTING with good energy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home