Friday, July 28, 2006

aaalllll by myseeeeeeeelfffff......

this is not a self-pitying post. seriously. went on a date last night with someone who really seems to like me and it made me reflect (note: picture at left of me and josh at molly and jorge's wedding is not really related, but i thought it made a good image of couplehood, while i'm on the subject). these things always happen when i'm just on the verge of being perfectly happy on my own - really happy with it. not having to check in with someone else about anything, not having to worry about what someone else will think. it's such a relief. and i enjoy myself. i think i'm pretty cool. and i love that i get to do the things that i want to do.

comes even the faintest sniff of a relationship and i get nervous. what? i have to be accountable to someone else? no way. eff that.

i guess it isn't being alone that was killing me. it was being lonely. now i just need to work on being the me i'm meant to be. without all the other people getting in the way. dating is fun, but it should NOT be part of my self-definition.

ok. just a few thoughts on a friday morning!

ps. i do have pics from leia's wedding (during which my hair style was veering dangerously close to newscaster territory), but they're either a) in hard copy or b) on the photographer's website, in which case i'd have to buy them - can't just copy and save. bummer. in the meantime. here are some from molly and jorge's wedding.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, you need to convert. You and josh are just too cute :)

8:23 PM  
Blogger molly blair said...

That's a great picture of you & Josh!

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home