Monday, March 13, 2006

My parents are here! My parents are here!


I picked mom and dad up at the airport on sat, and i was just vibrating with excitement. coudn't wait. i craned my neck to see them coming out of the terminal. i stood ahead of all the other families in the airport, so i would be the first one they saw as they walked out. and after all the other sleepy boston passengers, i finally saw them - holding hands and walking toward me - dad, easygoing-ly and mom energetically. i had intended to hug both of them at the same time, but mom grabbed me and i hugged her 5' frame as if i hadn't seen her in years (really, it had been only 2 months - since jan). then i hugged dad (of course). and we all headed off for a day of ca. adventure.

of course, it's unseasonably cold here - in fact, it's been colder here than in boston and nyc, if you can believe that. people here are freaking out - they just don't know how to handle it. it started snowing on the golden gate bridge the other day and caused at 25 car pile up.

we drove up to muir woods to see the redwoods and had a lovely hike in sweet scented california air. then spent a lovely dinner at my favorite restaurant - a cote!

yesterday we had brunch with tracy and caitlin. my two families combined! it was so much fun!!!! today we head to tahoe - it'll be very busy, but i think a very fun week of mele fun!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heart the Meles

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home