Wednesday, February 07, 2007

cell phones and oatmeal.

yesterday i sent out an email telling everyone i know and love that i have a new cell phone number - a 415 areacode (san francisco). i don't think i was prepared for the response. everything from "i guess you're a real californian now" to "i'm dismayed and sad". gee whiz. i didn't realize this was such a big deal.

i've had my 617 number for 4 years now. and we've been through a lot together. but it just seemed time for a change. i live here, i work here, and if i'm calling schools for work, i can't ask them to call me back in boston. besides, if this were way back pre-cell phone days, i'd have to change my phone number anyway.

also - this morning i found myself talking to my breakfast. i said "hello, oatmeal. i love you."

"i love you too, jess," oatmeal (i) said in response.

i might be losing it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess, I know you have new friends but your blog is a great way for your Godmother to keep tabs on you and follow your intriguing life. I do enjoy it. We are all fine here. Can you e-mail me your current address? Thanks Linda

7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home