Thursday, March 18, 2010

I'm a WRITER/PERFORMER


I was recently reminded by my Aunt P that I haven't updated things on this blog lately. She asked, "Nothing new?"

ACTUALLY, a lot is new. Last fall, my bossy friend Ruthie invited (prodded) me to get involved in a female-driven sketch comedy/variety show here in sf. She was starting it with a group of female actors she'd met while performing for Pianofight Productions. They wanted their own show: written, directed and produced by women. Because we're really freaking funny.

So, in November 2009, Monday Night Foreplays began. I wrote for and performed (a little bit) in the December 2009 show. By Jan 2010, I was a producer, director, writer and actor - along with four other very talented, very smart, and very energetic women. It was a crazy month. Feb was crazier. March has been nuts.

Since Feb 15, every Monday night, we have been producing Monday Night Foreplays at Off-Market Theaters (965 Mission St., SF; between 6th St & Mary St). It's been a blast. And exhausting. And we're doing it all again in APRIL 2010.

I won't be performing in the April show (just producing, directing, and writing), but we've got a dynamite cast on board. And there are still 2 more chances to catch me on stage this month!!! The current show will run on Monday, March 22 and Monday, March 29. I hope you can make it! Buy tickets/learn more here: http://www.pianofight.com

Sigh. It's been fun. I really missed performing!

1 Comments:

Anonymous bossy friend Ruthie said...

bossy eh? really? come on!

3:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home