Friday, November 18, 2005

Chez Tracy


Things have been pretty lively here! Marshall was in town for about 10 days, and my friend Adam (see pic) just moved in to the room next to mine downstairs. He needed a place to crash for a little while, so Tracy (super-generous Tracy) offered him a room. And even though she had a major cold, she set up and cleaned the room for his arrival!

Adam's a ph.d. student in sociology at uc berkeley (the one who introduced me to the sociology frat house - you know, the party i attended in oct where i knew literally no one). he's originally from cambridge, ma, which means i have another east coaster who will join me in nostalgia for new england autumn and who also enjoys feeling just a little superior to all these "californians". he also was a teaching fellow for marshall during spring 2004.

So, in addition to my previous buddy, Rudy (the family canine - see pic), I now have a new housemate, which is pretty cool.

Always a good thing to have someone with whom you can eat Trix and watch the Daily Show. As we sit and read the New York Times and drink the Peet's coffee that Marshall left, we marvel at how good we have it. I am so lucky to have such generous friends in a strange, new place! Chez Tracy is a warm, comfortable home away from Wrentham.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tracy is a woman after my own heart! I so appreciate her generosity. I know very well the good feeling one gets when providing a safe haven for a transient soul. I have found that whenever we "took someone in", we got back so much more than we gave.

8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home