Friday, March 17, 2006

my parents are cute.


really, anyone who sees them thinks this. "oh, jess, your parents are so cute."

and sometimes it's too much, even for us - the two products of john and pam's cuteness. even (especially) my brother and i get just a little sick of it - the hand holding; the kissing in the kitchen; the romantic dinners together. i mean, for crying out loud, you guys are old. and you're our parents. geez.

but the other day my mom said something that made me smile. we were in the kitchen in tracy's house, packing some sandwiches for the ride to tahoe, and dad and jesse were in the other room watching an episode of seinfeld. dad's signature laugh lilted into our earshot. "a-HUh-huh-huh-huh!" (it sounds something like that). I smiled to myself to hear dad's familiar laugh from the other room of my california home.

"One of my greatest pleasures in life," my mom said.

"Hunh?" I asked.

"It's one of my greatest pleasures in life," she said. "Just being in the other room and hearing him laughing."

i'll only write it once. but, man, we should all be so lucky to have a love like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home