Sunday, September 24, 2006

cars.

on friday, the following scene took place while i was sitting (at a red light) in my car with the windows down.

i was, as usual, late to an appointment and trying to do three other things while behind the wheel (check my phone messages, look for my wallet and drink from my water bottle). as i was bent over my bag, i heard someone talking to me from outside of my car.

me: (looking out my window to the left) "whaaaaaa---?"

guy driving a pickup truck next to my car: (pointing at the sticker on my rear windshield) "i'd like to buy a smith college alumn a drink!"

me: "oh. um........(high-pitched nervours voice) not while i'm driving, (nervous laughter) AHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA."
(pretend to be looking for something in my bag)

guy: "so......what do you do these days?"

me (still stopped at the bloody red light): "oh. um...i work at fort mason."

light changes. i speed off.

it was really strange. and kind of brightened my day. but also kind of freaked me out. this kind of stuff never happens to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home