Friday, February 16, 2007

st. v.

From jess and me

i usually hate this holiday. but this year i looked at it as a time to tell all the people i love that I LOVE THEM. so i made some valentines and a few phone calls and some emails.

and i cooked dinner for doug. Some anchovy pasta dish from the naked chef that proved far too salty for my taste. but it's the thought that counts, right?!

when i first started dating doug, i was talking to my friend miriam on the phone. and she interrupted me at one point in our conversation and said, "It's so good to hear you talk so positively about a relationship."

oh, man. i didn't realize that i had been such a bummer when it came to relationships. one really tough year and a lot of time on my own - it's all been great for my sense of self and my sense of myself in relationships (make sense?). but she's right. i've never really talked positively about a relationship. or unqualified-ly positively. so, hooray for doug!
From jess and me

also, i got to wear my fabulous red velvet vintage dress. yay dress!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jess - my daughter has a bigger play kitchen stove than you real one !

4:58 PM  
Blogger meles said...

it's doug's stove. and it's true - TINY! that's why i cooked most things chez moi and drove them over.

6:36 PM  
Blogger molly blair said...

Looks like you had a wonderful V day - love the pics!

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home