Monday, September 25, 2006

shame!


i am shocked, shocked at the lack of sympathy i received from all of y'all last week. my toe hurt. now, where's the love?

saw ben kweller last night at the fillmore. ben kweller is the best. if you haven't heard him yet, check him out. fun, poppy music with a rock edge. even if you don't know the songs, i guarantee you'll like them. so much fun to see live, too. they even did an impromptu cover of "enter sandman" (they started the guitar riff to "back in black" but then couldn't remember the rest of the song). it was hilarious.

i went with tracy, tracy's 13-year old daughter caitlin, and caitlin's 13-year old friend fay. it was really fun. i absolutely dont' remember going to concert halls when i was 13 - with or without my mom. i also don't remember having cool music taste (um...showtunes and oldies don't count....right?). but caitlin and fay knew most of the words to most of the songs (about the same as me). i had to provide the chutzpah, though. when the show started, i was the one who led us through the crowd up to the front. at the end of the show, when ben was signing merchandise, i had to lead them to the front of the signing table (elbowing my way past several fans), talk to the talent, and take a picture of the two of them with ben. but, it was fun. and in the end i got a nifty poster.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I distinctly remember driving you and friends to Great Woods for a concert or two. I also remember sitting at Foxboro Stadium with a million screaming fans at a New Kids on the Block concert!

12:51 PM  
Blogger Erin S. said...

ummm...sorry. how's the poor little toe? have you recovered? do you want me to bring you any first aid items when i come up this week? should i be prepared to kiss it so it feels better? :)

just teasing..can't wait to see you.

ps--I, too, forced my parental units to sit thru NKOTB and Tiffany. Same concert!! Highlight of my youth!

6:57 PM  
Blogger meles said...

mom. on a school night? on a sunday night? (I can't believe you brought up NKOTB on my blog. so embarrassing.)

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home