Thursday, January 05, 2006

there and back again. (a mele's tale)


well, i returned at 3pm on wednesday morning to california. it was (predictably) warm and humid.

after two weeks at home, i have learned many things:
1. i really kind of like cold weather.
2. my friends are awesome.
3. sometimes you have to go back to go forward.
4. sometimes going back makes you really homesick whilst you go forward.
5. transcontinental overnight flights suck.
6. crab rangoons *must* be introduced to the west coast.

actually, it was a great visit home. i saw a million friends, who are all beautiful, warm and so, so generous. i saw my family - my awesome, awesome family. i aged one year (note: i am now 27. 27 = old, as i was told by a 23 year old at a party last week).

most of all, i saw snow. and my childhood home in wrentham. and i skiied.

one person i didn't get to see was my beloved dog boomer. my parents had to put him to sleep a few weeks after thanksgiving, which was very sad. i kept thinking i heard his feet on the wood floors, or his jingling collar in the halls. but most of all, i had to pick up after myself, and realize how lazy having a dog had made us all. because we had to pick up our own dropped food.

so, i'm missing my scarf and layer weather here in sunny (yes, sunny) california. they keep telling me this is the rainy season. they even said it rained while i was gone. but it's freaking beautiful and warm again and i'm not sure if it's me or what, but i'd really like to see my breath when i walk outside. it's january, darnit!

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin S. said...

glad you are back. will be in the bay the 26-27, possibly over the weekend with my better half. sounds like you had a fab break...

3:44 PM  
Blogger meles said...

you'e coming to the ebay? what a treat! i may be in tahoe but hopefully i can manage a dinner together!

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home